Friday, July 1, 2011

Steppin' Up To The Plate

On your mark...

Get set....

Cook!!!

And we're off;
my sweet friend Denise over at
has issued a holiday challenge!

And yes, she is the one I'm always telling to shut it

She understands my brain and that's why I have 
to say that!!
For the record, she doesn't listen anyway - just look at her comments!
Snarky, snarky, snarky! And THAT is why I love her!!
True friends are honest friends!

Anyway, she recently started her food blog 
and we decided to challenge each other
periodically!
I'm about to be schooled. Meh.

People, check out her blog.
Aside from being the real deal,
she makes delish dishes.
She has gluten issues and still manages
to make scrumptious meals!
Her recent posts include:
GF Chocolate Chip Cookies - Chillin-and Grillin
and 
An amazing scramble - I'm hungry.

Check her out - your tummy will be happy!

So the challenge:
make an American, 4th of July classic,
with a twist.
Ok......insert lots of smack talking here.

Uh-huh, I'm about to be schooled, ya'll.

So I'm thinking, what's more American than
Apple Pie?
thank you, internet

MMMMHHHHHMMMMM.
Oh yes I am.
Apple pie with a twist.....


3 comments:

  1. American pie, eh...I can't wait to see your "twist"...I know you'll come up with something great *wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apple pie with coconut crust? A nod to Guam perhaps?

    ReplyDelete